LA84 Foundation Careers
Thank you for your interest. There are no postings at this time. Please check back later.
Click to download the PDF or read the position below:
TITLE: Communications Associate
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, the Associate is responsible for the coordination of overall social engagement strategy and schedules for all relevant social platforms, working with internal teams and partners on brand development, social promotion strategies, content amplification, audience engagement strategies, and managing social coverage of live events (for both LA84 and the Play Equity Fund). Strong project management skills are a must.
- Support the management and coordination of overall communications strategy for LA84 Foundation and the Play Equity Fund across platforms, inclusive of email campaigns, social media, websites, PR, events, B2B and B2C campaigns and others.
- Support the audience engagement strategy, social media content strategy and production, and the programming/scheduling strategy for all relevant social platforms, working with internal teams and external consultants/advisors.
- Assist with the copywriting functions of the organization for any communications material, collaborating with internal stakeholders and external partners, advisors and consultants.
- Support executing social promotion strategies, fan engagement strategy and execution, and managing social coverage of live events (for both LA84 and the Play Equity Fund).
- Support creation of social-first content assets for brand development and marketing initiatives, creating and distributing custom content for larger initiatives.
- Facilitates all paid social media strategies for the organization.
- Work closely with the Director, Marketing & Communications, Chief Strategy Officer and the CEO to gather and operationalize strategic insights from analytics and historical data, establish benchmarks, and work toward KPIs and goals.
- Supports the social media marketing strategy and execution for key initiatives as The LA84 Sports Summit, the Play Equity Movement campaign, Play Day and others.
- Assists in executing the influencer marketing strategy for the organization and specific key initiatives.
- Other roles and responsibilities as assigned.
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum 3 years experience in social media marketing or digital content creation.
- Minimum 1 year experience in email marketing or newsletter creation and distribution.
- Extensive social media knowledge and content development experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to align creative strategy with overall business objectives.
- Video production and editing skills (using mobile devices or small portable cameras like GoPro and similar).
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and presentation skills.
- Polished in presentation and communication, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate ability to champion projects from concept to completion.
- Highly creative mind with a passion for storytelling.
- Ability to operate on both analytic and creative levels.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams and other online meeting platform skills.
- Proven competency across social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat and YouTube, as well as staying up to date on emerging platforms.
- Proven competency across email marketing and newsletter platforms.
- Strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality, as well as precise attention to detail and sound judgement as it relates to brand safety.
- Experience in WordPress, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Premiere/After Effects, Sprinklr publishing and reporting, Facebook ad manager, Facebook Business Manager Insights, Powerpoint presentation and various social media reporting tools (Shareablee, ListenFirst, Tubular, Crimson Hexagon, others).
- General office environment, depending on health and safety precautions. May be working remotely.
- Physical demands include lifting and moving equipment and supplies up to 25 pounds, visual acuity in reviewing detailed computer records, physical requirements related to sports activities and periodic travel.
- Occasional weekend, late afternoon, and evening hours.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not intended to limit the scope of potential work assignments.
To apply: Please send resume including links to your portfolio and social media handles, cover letter and the names, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please use as subject heading “Communications Associate” and your last name. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.