LA84 Foundation Careers
Click to download the PDF or read the position below:
TITLE: Communications Associate
As a legacy of the 1984 Olympic Games, the LA84 Foundation is a
nationally recognized leader in support of youth sport programs and elevating the importance of sports in positive youth development. LA84 seeks to provide an opportunity for every child to participate in sports and experience the wide range of positive outcomes associated with youth sport participation. Since its launch in 1985, LA84 has invested millions in the communities that supported the Games, reaching more than 3 million youth throughout Southern California, from Santa Barbara to San Diego County. The LA84 Foundation continues to promote the spirit of the 1984 Olympic Games by convening and engaging local, national and international audiences about the role of sport in society, and the impact of the Olympic Games on host cities, especially as we look ahead to the 2028 Games. LA84’s headquarters is located in the historic Britt House near downtown Los Angeles, where it houses meeting facilities and the world’s premier sports library. For more information, please visit www.la84.org.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, the LA84
Foundation is looking for a Communications Associate to be a content creator for social media and websites. This role will support building creative, compelling storytelling through support of the overall social engagement strategy for all relevant social platforms, website content updates, working with internal teams and partners on brand development, social media strategies, audience engagement, and managing coverage of mission-driven live events. This position will have a focus on capturing, editing and creating video content for social media and developing the accompanying website content. Strong project and time management skills are a must.
- Support the management and coordination of overall communications strategy for LA84 Foundation and the Play Equity Fund across platforms, inclusive of email campaigns, social media, websites, PR, events, B2B and B2C campaigns and others.
- Support the audience engagement strategy, social media content strategy and production, and the programming/scheduling strategy for all relevant platforms, working with internal teams and external consultants/advisors.
- Assist with the copywriting functions of the organization for any communications material, collaborating with internal stakeholders and external partners, advisors and consultants.
- Support executing social promotion strategies, donor engagement strategy and execution, and managing coverage of live events (for both LA84 and the Play Equity Fund).
- Support creation of content assets for brand development and marketing initiatives, creating and distributing custom content for larger initiatives. Skilled in Adobe products – including Premiere video editing, and familiar with WordPress CMS.
- Work closely with the Director, Marketing & Communications and the CEO to gather and operationalize strategic insights from analytics and historical data, establish benchmarks, and work toward KPIs and goals.
- Supports the social media marketing strategy and execution for key initiatives as The LA84 Sports Summit, the Play Equity Movement campaign, Play Day and others.
- Assists in coordinating and executing initiatives for awareness campaigns and websites. Other roles and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in social media marketing or digital content creation.
- Minimum 1 year experience in email marketing or newsletter creation and distribution.
- Extensive social media knowledge and content development experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to align creative strategy with overall business objectives.
- Advanced video production and editing skills using various software including video capture using mobile devices or small portable cameras like GoPro and similar.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams and other online meeting platform skills.
- Proven competency across social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat and YouTube, as well as staying up to date on emerging platforms.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Premiere/After Effects, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Familiarity with WordPress or related CMS platforms.
- Proven experience across email marketing and newsletter platforms.
- Strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality, as well as precise attention to detail and sound judgement as it relates to brand safety.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and presentation skills.
- Polished in presentation and communication, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate ability to champion projects from concept to completion.
- Highly creative mind with a passion for storytelling.
- Ability to operate on both analytic and creative levels.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- General office environment, depending on health and safety precautions. May be temporarily a hybrid remote/in-office environment depending on manager and work
- Physical demands include lifting and moving equipment and supplies up to 25 pounds, visual acuity in reviewing detailed computer records, physical requirements related to
sports activities and periodic travel.
- Occasional weekend, late afternoon, and evening hours.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not intended to limit the scope of potential work assignments.
Please send resume including links to your portfolio and social media handles, cover letter and the names, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use as subject heading “Communications Associate” and your last name. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.